Edward Cooper Family Mystery
Here is Armistead Cooper’s Immediate Family;
Armstead Blevins Cooper Sr. was born in 1804 in Carter Co., TN. He appeared in the census of 1850 in Carter Co., Tennessee, the1860 in Marion, Polk Co., Missouri, the 1870 in Clear Creek, Cooper Co., MO and the 1880 in Clear Creek, Cooper Co., MO. He died in 1883.
Armstead Blevins Cooper Sr. first wed Margaret (Propst) Proffitt on 15 Mar 1829 in Carter Co., TN. Margaret (Propst) Proffitt (daughter of John Proffitt Jr. and Phoebe Mary Webb) was born on 2 Feb 1810 in Carter Co., TN. She died on 16 Jan 1863 in Polk Co., MO. She was buried on 20 Jan 1863 in Bolivar City Cem., Bolivar, Polk Co., MO.
Armstead Blevins Cooper Sr. and Margaret (Propst) Proffitt had the following children:
1. Eliza M. Cooper was born on 18 Feb 1830 in Carter Co., TN.
2. Joseph W. Cooper, born on 7 May 1832, Carter Co., TN; married Alice.
3. John C. Proffitt Cooper, born on 31 Jan 1834, Carter Co., TN; married Louisa Jane Rasor.
4. William C. Cooper, CSA, born on 28 Dec 1836, Carter Co., TN; married Alvira G.
Douglas, on 27 Nov 1861, Bolivar, Polk Co., MO; died in 1864, Hunt Co., TX.
5. Nathaniel T. Cooper was born on 14 Mar 1838 in Carter Co., TN.
6. Armstead Blevins Cooper Jr., born on 17 May 1840, Carter Co., TN; married Lydia.
7. Phobie Evaline Cooper, born on 28 Aug 1842, Carter Co., TN; married Thomas Bransford
Moore, USA, on 4 Jun 1863, Bolivar, Polk Co., MO; died on 27 Oct 1924, Bolivar, Polk
8. Eliza M. Cooper was born on 21 Nov 1844 in Carter Co., TN.
9. Caswell Taylor (Jonathan) Cooper, USA, born on 15 Feb 1847, Carter Co., TN; married
Lucinda A. Smith.
10. Alfred T. Cooper was born on 19 Mar 1849 in Carter Co., TN.
11. Margaret Patience Novella (Vella) Cooper, born on 9 Mar 1852, Carter Co., TN; married
Benjamin Robinson (Berry) Freeman; died on 23 Aug 1924, Oklahoma.
(note: CSA = Confederate Soldier, USA = Union Soldier)
After the death of Margaret Proffitt, Armstead Blevins Cooper Sr. and Mary F. Licklider were married on 16 Jan 1864 in Cooper Co., MO. Mary F. Licklider (daughter of Thomas Licklider and Jane Melvin) was born in Mar 1831 in Virginia. She appears in the census in 1900 in Clear Creek, Cooper Co., MO.
Armstead Blevins Cooper Sr. and Mary F. Licklider had the following children:
1. Richard Cooper was born in 1862 in Missouri.
2. Thomas F. Cooper, born in 1864, Missouri; married Clary, in 1894.
3. Dora J. Cooper was born in 1867 in Missouri.
4. Florence Cooper was born in 1868 in Missouri.
5. Lilla Cooper was born in 1872 in Missouri.
6. George Washington Cooper, born on 15 Mar 1873, Missouri; married Elberta; died on 5
Dec 1951, Pleasant Green, Cooper Co., MO.
7. Edward Cooper was born in 1876 in Missouri.
8. Katie Cooper was born in 1877 in Missouri.
9. Andrew Cooper was born in 1879 in Missouri.
I do have more detailed info on Armstead and Mary’s parents and family’s. See page four and five.
Armstead Blevins Cooper Sr.
He was born in 1804 in Carter Co., TN. He died in 1883 in Cooper Co., MO.
He is believed to be the father of
Edward Roy Cooper
Licklider Farm in
Cooper County, MO
Tombstone of Thomas and Jane (Melvin) Licklider in Pilot Grove Cemetery, Cooper Co., MO. They are the parents of Mary F. Licklider.
Armstead and Mary (Licklider) Cooper are thought to be buried next to Thomas and Jane Licklider in an unmarked grave.
Approximate location of Armstead and Mary’s house on Thomas and Jane Licklider’s farm in Cooper Co., MO.